8.11.2009

woo


The Pop art show was pretty cool
. I feel greatly rewarded for my hard work/ dedication when i see that I have the ability to put together an event that will promote dedicated artists and deserving venues. I have never been a social butterfly and I find it funny that I can put together such a social event. I look forward to organizing more with Kamon and also artists I have networked with because someday I want to own my own little galleries and this will be contributing experience for that
.

work by Jason Rico

I'm getting use to the responsibilities of networking and the benefits they reap. I've been asked to help coordinate the art show section of a benefit concert put together for a cause I have been supporting since I viewed it's documentary in 2005. It's called Invisible Children, and I am going to be selling some of my past paintings at the event for anywhere between 15%-100% proceeds towards Invisible Children. It will be at a benefit concert Capital Garage, Sacramento, August 29th at 9pm right after the live art show I organized with some friends at Kamon.

Also, this is my last month illustrating for my current commissioner and it's really getting to the point where I wish I had read that illustration book before I signed the contract. Reading is invaluable.

GOOD READ

Playful Type
Gestalten
I could sit and look at it, for hours. totally inspiring. this is added to my WISHLIST*.


by Cees W de Jong et. al
helped me a ton with my poster homework for message making. the work in it is ingenius, inspiring and moving.

New Poster Art

No comments:

Post a Comment