7.09.2009

Inspiration

Here are the pictures/images that inspired my next show's work. The group show had to do with geisha. It took me quite a while to think of the angle I wanted. I went for "Creature of the Night".


Geisha mainly operate at night!


The traditional geisha were very superstitious and based their choices on the stars.


Of course, they wore kimono.
---

I was also inspired by the following nocturnal beasts and insect:







MY SHOW IS AT

KAMON JAPANESE RESTAURANT
SATURDAY JULY 11th 6pm-10pm (or later)

The perfect time to kick back before my summer session with an amazing dinner before 2nd Saturday's art walk- great sushi on the $5 bar menu and some good company and drinks. By far, the best venue I've ever been at. Chill and amazing Japanese food!

2210 16th Street, Sacramento, CA 95818 + 916.443.8888.

No comments:

Post a Comment