6.16.2010

TYPE 3- more

This poster is based on a single word that describes Morris Fuller Benton. It was passed on to 5 other designers, who added their own sensibilities to my already given composition.
Featured below is the original composition I created. The word I chose to describe Morris Fuller Benton was “prolific”.


---

This composition was created to use a component from a peer’s composition on Beatrice Warde and a component present in the work of Atelier Telescopique.
---

Here is another poster done within a given time limit and was to draw inspiration from a composition designed by a peer and a composition designed by 3 Deep Design. I was also to incorporate a bath product. I chose Head and Shoulders.


--

We had some pretty randomized assignments. This timed project was created to compare Morris Fuller Benton to a random historical figure given to me. My figure was Aztec ruler, Monteczuma II.


--

This timed project was created to compare Morris Fuller Benton to a random historical figure given to me. My figure was Amerigo Vespucci.

--

This 5 poster series was created to give a subtle nod to the first two historical posters and an obscure historic occurance during the time Morris Fuller Benton designed. I included my design brief within this series, as well.
I used a color from each of the earlier historic posters and paid homage to the making of different chocolate animals by a 1920s chocolate company.

---

After studying Morris Fuller Benton so thoroughly, I designed this series of 3 posters to show my understanding of his letterforms.

--



No comments:

Post a Comment