1.18.2010

The Wish Project

I am painting 100 small (3"-5") watercolor/mixed media pieces based on people's "wishes" for the star show I am curating this Saturday. It is a laborious project, but makes me happy because I see a lot of people are connecting through their wishes, like an invisible constellation! I have 54 pieces done, already. The installation will feature illustrations that I hope to appear very private- almost like scraps from a diary. I want to showcase a style of illustration I have not been known for. I will have them hanging together like one large force of hope. I hope that many will enjoy it. I am enjoying this project, already!

Here's some little scraps of wishes:

KAMON restaurant,
2210 16th st, sacramento

SATURDAY january 23rd
opening 6pm-10pm
running until february 6th

No comments:

Post a Comment